This Summer Fruits Crumble is a decadent dessert, filling and perfect served warm with custard or ice cream but more than enough alone. Sweet, tangy, fruity, and completely vegan and gluten-free. This recipe is a certified low-maintenance treat, a cruelty free take on a golden classic. You may well find yourself wanting seconds (or thirds, let’s be honest) because it is absolutely delicious. Friday couldn’t be a better time!
This Valentine’s special recipe makes 4-6 portions depending on how big of a piece you want. If you need more than that (because, please, who would want to make any less?) then just adjust the measurements accordingly. In other crumble related news, the total carb count for the whole dessert is around 415g, and you can store it in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to a week – if it survives that long, which it certainly wouldn’t in my house!
> 200g Raspberries.
> 200g Strawberries.
> 100g Redcurrants.
> 3 TBSP Water.
> 2 TBSP Strawberry Jam.
> 50g Sugar (Any type).
> 250g Plain/Multipurpose Gluten-Free Flour.
> 125g Vegan Butter.
> 110g Brown Sugar.
> 50g Chopped Nuts (Any type).
1) Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6.
2) Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Wash your fruit and spread evenly over the baking tray. Add the water, strawberry jam and 50g of any type of sugar. Mix well. Put in the oven for around 15-20 minutes.
3) While the fruity mixture is doing it’s thing, get yourself a mixing bowl to make the crumble top. Add in the flour and butter, then rub with your hands until the content resembles breadcrumbs.
4) Add in your brown sugar and chopped nuts and mix well. Voilà – your topping is done!
5) Remove the fruit from the oven and cover the mixture with your crumble layer. Again, make sure you are spreading it out evenly and packing it down a little.
6) Bake in the centre of the oven until the top is golden brown. This takes around an hour but keep an eye on it. When golden brown, take out of the oven and allow the crumble to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this crimble crumble then please drop a like and share this recipe. I’d love to see what you do with it – tag @theeleuther on Instagram! And let me know in the comment section what you thought. Of course, subscribe to The Eleuther if you want content like this delivered straight to your inbox. Happy Wednesday!
One thought on “Sumptuous Summer Fruits Crumble”
Lovely, really lovely.
LikeLiked by 1 person